Monday, October 12, 2009

Windows 7 Launch Party

With my Windows 7 launch party fast approaching - October 24, 2009 - I decided I would take a different tact with my blog. This post will mark the first of the tech/video game posts for my blog. I'm a gamer and a nerd at heart, so I knew that when I ran out of stuff to write about - which took all of four posts - I would inevitably fall back on the video gaming and technology posts, stuff I know, stuff I love and stuff that I am sure takes up a little too much space in my life.

Any how, onto the Windows 7 launch party. The main reason for me hosting one is, that on a daily basis I hear how much 'Vista sucks'. I want to use the party to highlight Windows 7 and what it can do for the PC. The party will be a game themed party focusing on how to install and then customize Windows 7 to get the most out of the OS. I will also experiment with legacy games to see how well the compatibility mode works.

I have started planning a menu - as in addition to technology, cooking is a passion - and planning the party games. The menu will consist of dishes themed on video games, an example of this will be a dish of black and white elements, which coincides with the game Black and White. Guessing the dishes will be one of the party games. As well there be a party game based on something that I saw in the movie Inglorious Basterds (yes it's spelled correctly.)

This is all for now but rest assured there will be more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment